FR26 - Day 13
We didn't leave the aire at Josselin until around 11am. We needed to do the waste and rubbish bins and were in a three van queue.
The front van was usable to move as there were two vans trying to get in. The first was having a problem with the barrier.
Once away the TomTom Camper Max had another routing problem, taking us back into the village and then trying to loop around the river towpath. We had to wing it and followed the road signs to the N24. Finally, it got with the program and we headed towards the motorhome dealers as planned.
The dealers was on a newish looking business park. It did seem that prices of new motorhomes and vans seem lower than at home.
The Elsan blue "teabags" weren't though. A tub of them was €24. We usually use the Thetford branded ones. These are so much easier to use than large bottles of liquid blue or green.
We have tried Solbio and found it didn't mask the smells emanating from the loo.
I set the next destination for the campsite in Quiberon. Despite is being pretty much one road, TomTom kept trying to take us different ways including several times a 180° turn at roundabout.
Once again we were only about 35kms away before it and the road signs corresponded.
We arrived about 3pm at Flower Camping Bois d'Amour. When we checked in they asked if we had an ACSI card. We do. I hadn't thought to use it as I had booked direct.
I was expecting to pay around €67 balance but this came down to €47 with the card!
Working it out using the conversion to £ sterling on my Clarity Card shows that the stay totals £64.62 or £21.54 a night.
We have the Freecamp pitch. I thought it might be more "luxurious" for our wedding anniversary to have the private facilities on the pitch.
Freecamp gives us a covered outside picnic table and a small building with a kitchen in one side, and a shower and loo on the other.



Once settled we are a salad box from Aldi. We had done a bit of shopping on the way.
With that out of the way I needed a lie down. The side effects of some of my drugs, and thankfully I'm currently off the statins, are tiredness. I have no problem driving but like an old man I need a nap.
Then we could go for a short walk to find the beach. It's not that far. We had a walk along towards Quiberon itself.
It's very rocky with a small sandy beach. We both took a few photos.





Then it was back to the van. It started to rain and so we were van bound. We have quite noisy neighbours with a pop-top VW van. They talk loudly to their small child... a lot of goo-goo talk!!!
I had seen the site had a restaurant for our wedding anniversary dinner tomorrow. But it's only open weekends as it's not prime season.
Hopefully, tomorrow will be better weather and we can walk into town for lunch.
Comments