Pegasus Bridge
After the visit to the Merville Battery, the drive a few miles to Pegasus Bridge should have been short and quick.
Today, some bridges were closed and so the satnav took us almost into Caen and then northwards along the Orne.
If I had thought about it we could have parked in the Café Gondrée car-park.
Instead, we went into the road where the Memorial is situated. It's closed. We parked up along the road and walked back.
We had lunch in the Café. It's around forty years ago since I went there and had a drink from the café itself.
Claire and I along with Reggie came a few years back in Molly the Elddis. Coming over the other bridge took off our clean water drain tap from under the van.
As we walked back to the van I got a couple of pictures over the fence.
Signage says they are intending to have the works completed by June 2027.
Comments