Hearing Aids Again!!
These are so frustrating.
If they both connect to the smartphone app at the same or roughly the same time then it seems a miracle has been performed.
Last evening the left one stopped working. Dead as a dodo. I took them out.
Only a short time previously I had checked the app to change the program to TV from Universal. This changes the way they process sound.
The battery indicators were showing 90%.
This morning they came on together, batteries still 90%. Connected to the app. Glory days.
A trip out to Aldi before a quick stop at Age UK. If you have NHS supplied aids, you can get spare batteries from Age UK. The lady there has similar problems.
She gave me two packs of eight 312 sized batteries as we are away for three weeks soon.
I had looked on Amazon. They sell for about £8 for a 12 pack.
By the time I got home, the left aid had stopped working again.
Because the right ear is so bad, the aid Bluetooths to the left. Then it tricks the brain into thinking you can hear through both. That's the theory.
As the left one seems to have limited operating hours it means for hours at a time I might as well leave them out and in their box on the table.
I reported this last week to Audiology. I have been given an appointment in October after we come back from holiday.
Comments