Canterbury Two - Day 2 & 3

Day 2

Another lazy do not a lot day. After yesterday's problems with the van not starting we put in behind us. 

We made it through the day reading and relaxing. 

Maybe it's difficult to explain, but being away in the van doing nothing much, is more restful than at home.

Even Reggie is much calmer and more relaxed.

Day 3

The test today.  Would the van start? 

The Green Flag guy found nothing wrong on Sunday. 

The battery was charging and I have the printout from the diagnostic machine he had. 

It shows that the battery was good.

We cleared away all the gear from outside the van. And then I had to get off the Milenco levellers.

The engine started. I left it running as I tidied the levellers away. 

Next stop the motorhome service area to dump our waste. All good?

Nope. Once it was all done.  Key turned. Clunk. Nothing.

I called Green Flag and after 8 minutes waiting I logged the breakdown on their app on my phone.  That was way quicker.

The guy arrived in about half an hour. I showed him the battery health ticket above.

We went through the same checks and determined it was the battery not holding a charge. He had jump started it and I switched off the stop/start system.

I called the Fiat dealer in Canterbury but they can't look at it until mid October.  They suggested Affordable Autos across the road from them. 

They weren't too bad, the next date free is October 1st.....

We managed to drive home and had no problems. With stop/start off the van ran perfectly. 

Will it start tomorrow.  I spent most of the afternoon looking online for a battery that would support stop/start.

There are plenty of options. I narrowed it down to the "Bosch AGM S5 A13 Type 019". 

I have asked the same dealer, Tayna, if there is a Yuasa equivalent. 

Now I need to find somewhere to fit it. There's more to it that simply swapping it over. 

One of my neighbours runs a garage and I'll pop in tomorrow.  I didn't want to doorstep him at home.


Comments