Biddenden Tractorfest
This weekend, August 15th and 16th, is the Biddenden Tractorfest.
I have not been before and so when Kent Greyhound Rescue, where I volunteer, asked for people to work on a stand at the Fest, I said I would go.
The job was simple as I only had to wrangle the dogs. We had four.
Two bull lurchers, Frank and Peaches, and two greyhounds, Reef and Otto.
As the day got hotter we kept alternating the dogs on the stand and into the car with the air conditioning on.
We were on the main route for the tractor rides.
I had a few walks with the dogs, one at a time, firstly to the classic car display.
There were bikes too.
Later Peaches and I had a turn around another area where there we scaled down versions of full scale vehicles.
Around 1pm, it was getting so hot and we had little shade, so the decision was taken to take the dogs back to their foster homes.
Comments