REMIS Rooflight!

When we were away and in the middle of the heatwave we had a problem with the winding mechanism for the main over dining area rooflight.

The handle simply wouldn't turn. I couldn't open it. After a few days I decided that as it was closed at least we wouldn't have a problem with it.

https://invictamoto.blogspot.com/2026/06/remis-rooflight.html

I tried it a couple of times. I didn't want to force it and end up with it not shut properly. 

And we still had 12 days of the holiday to go...

I contacted ARC to see if they could fix it once we got home.

After a few back and forth emails they said they could do the job. I sent them photos of the rooflight and the Remis stickers.

Today, I gave it a try. It worked.  Still stiff but started to open the rooflight.

It's been stiff to wind since we've owned the van, that's almost 20 months. I didn't think it was a problem until now.

It's still going to ARC on Tuesday to check it over. If we are lucky it was be fixed without the expensive repair kit they ordered.

Fingers crossed 🤞. 

Comments