Hidden Hearing Test - July 22nd 2026
I cancelled the appointment with Hidden Hearing a few weeks ago.
When I was there the last time, the hearing test pretty much proved that my right ear is almost useless.
Their idea was a cross over system that would mean an aid in my right ear would connect by Bluetooth to another in my left ear and trick my brain into thinking I was hearing through both ears.
At £3500 it's a lot of money when my right ear would still be useless.
On June 3rd I had an audiology appointment at the William Harvey. I last had an NHS test in 2021.
The audiologist showed me the graphs for both ears. The right showed the same drop off as Hidden Hearing.
She also said that the aid I had was a waste of time and shouldn't have been prescribed at all.
Imagine a line on the graph that looks like a side view of a ski jump....
Only certain frequencies make it through. When I listen music with my pods or full over ear cans, barely anything can be heard through the right, although it's dependant on the music.
I am now waiting for Audiology to come back with an appointment for further tests.
The NHS does CROS or biCros systems and they don't cost £3500. I googled for the explanation.
Comments