AA Easy Read France 2026
I bought thisxatlas a few months ago to replace the 2020 version I have been using for quite a few years.
One thing that has irritated me is the colour of the autoroutes.
For many years toll autoroutes were shown as a purple line on the map. Non toll autoroutes in blue. This was also the case for non toll Route National roads that were dialled.
This edition shows all autoroutes whether toll or not as purple.
When planning a route, the difference between the two is essential.
It seems the AA or the Austrian mapping company have failed to make the distinction or simply didn't care.
I have emailed feedback at the AA.
An example is here:
The A16 between Calais and Dunkerque is toll free and therefore should be blue.
The A26 on the left is a toll motorway only from where it meets the A16. The spur above to the ferry port is non toll.
Let's see what they have to say.
Comments