25 April 2024

Awaycation Summer 2024 - Spain

I have finally had confirmation from Sandaya that the three nights I have booked in their Valencia campsite have been confirmed. 

It's taken a few days but I expect they have loads of bookings coming in online and they have loads of sites in their group too.  I was going to book with ACSI but for that rate you get the smallest pitch. It's only a few euros more to have the larger pitch and with the "three nights for the price of two" offer it works out at about €25 per night including EHU and the dog!   Not too bad.  

For now I am going to simply print out all the stuff we need on the trip and get it fixed to my clipboard!  :)

There is a lot to do. This week I went around the van and checked all the doors that might rattle and hum when we are on the road.  Some sticky backed felt pads seem to have firmed them up and taken up the play in the doors.  

We also bought a mattress topper. When the bed is made up from the bench cushions it is a little "firm". Hopefully the topper will make it a little more comfortable.  

It's amazing that it fits perfectly. We measured it before we went and what they call a "double" in UK fits. We tried it as soon as we got home from Dunelm.

A double is traditionally 4ft6" wide and 6ft6" long. It looks as though that's the bed we have! Maybe we didn't measure properly!

No comments: