22 August 2022

Meldrews Sunday

A new venue for me today with the Meldrews, and that was Badgers Hill Garden Centre in Chilham near Canterbury.

I decided on the ride up to test the often misbehaving TomTom 410. It was fully charged overnight and a route sent to it from the TomTom My Drive app on my phone. It's done through Bluetooth tethering.

On the app it gave three choices. I chose one. When it arrived on the 410 it has decided to take a different one of the three.

I decided not to be so easily led!! I went on the one I had chosen and let the 410 catch up. It did. 

Amazingly it only had a bit of "turn" when I was switching off and putting it into the top box at the venue.

The road where there is the 80° left turn is up a single track road. The storm earlier in the week had washed a considerable amount of gravel off the land and deposited it about 4 to 5 feet wide in the centre. The wheel tracks of the cars leaving about 6 to 9 inches of bumpy rutted road for me.

Never mind but luckily I avoided the gravel strip.

Breakfast was okay. There were only three of us again. The Meldrews have never been great at turning up, but three is about all we can muster. At least two of them had excuses being on holiday (separately) in France.

We chewed the fat. The garden centre has some goats. A visitor's dog was barking at one, from the way it clattered its horns against a gate post, in a 🐐 versus 🐕 fight, there would only be one winner. The Billy!!

I followed Cal most of the way home. Fellow V-Strom owner Trevor went a different way to Thanet. A more roundabout route home and another 40 something miles under the rubber.

That maybe the end of my riding this month. Although I have a couple of Arsenal games coming up on the 27th and 31st of August. I might ride up and back to bag about 300 more miles!!


No comments: