Flickr

I had a reminder today that my Flickr Pro account was up for renewal on 5th January. I decided that since the original owners sold out that the prices goes up every year. 

I don't use Flickr to store photos. As they store your photo and reduce the quality and rename it to their own specification you would be raving mad to use it as a storage location. 

All mine are stored on a removeable hard drive and have been since 2009.  I will download what I have on Flickr and store that away as well.

It's not worth spending £56.99 simply to share photos with like minded people. Basically another great idea has been sold to a company that wants to extract as much money as possible with the lowest amount of effort put in to keep the product up to date. The Android app is poor and hasn't kept up with the normal desktop version.

So it's goodbye to Flickr.  What it does mean is that any photos I have shared to Blogger from Flickr using the "url" or "embed" function will all disappear when the account reverts back to a free account.

Comments