Amazon Music App

I bought Joe Bonamassa "Time Clocks"  as a MP3 download from Amazon a few weeks ago. I then couldn't find it in Amazon Music.  

Then the penny dropped and I realised I had bought it on my Prime account and not my usual InvictaMoto account. I have two as some years ago I signed up for Prime to share with Claire in my "household" and we tend to buy stuff on that.

I had an existing account that my Kindle is logged into and so I didn't think when I bought this album!

To listen to music on my phone I have it fitted with a 128gb micro-SD card. With that connected to the laptop I copied over all the music from both my iTunes library and the downloaded music from Amazon. It all adds up and there is about 70gb! 

The latest upgrade to the Amazon Music app seems like they have buggered it up.  It used to be easy to switch from one account to the other - a menu item called "switch accounts". That looks to have gone and the rigmarole now is to logout (when you can find that option!) and log in with a different user. It often doesn't work.

Once back in it then takes ages to "clear cache" before it locates the purchases and even longer to look through the SD card and detect the music from there.

If you look at the music folder on the SD card on the laptop it shows that every artist folder has every album listed as  separate sub-folder. Pretty much how Windows handles folders and files.  However, Amazon has a strange system that when you look at "albums" and chose one it looks as though many have twice the number of tracks and that they are duplicated.  This is not restricted to one album.

"Ejecting" the SD card and putting it back into the laptop shows that there are no duplicates at all. It's all in the Amazon Music Apps' memory!  

To try and solve the problem I ejected the SD card and uninstalled the app.  It took several goes to get it to clear everything.  Logging in again with the SD card set as the destination for Amazon auto downloads seems to have solved the problem for now.  

The music app that comes with the Honor 9 Lite is the Huawei app. It's okay but as a foible it sorts all the tracks into alphabetic order! I haven't been able to find a setting to tell it to play "as intended" on the album.

So I have downloaded an app called "Music Player" from the Google Play Store to see how that works. It quickly located all the music on the SD card, including the auto-downloads from both Amazon accounts. So far so good.

Whilst I am sitting in my home office I have an Alexa Echo Dot on the window ledge nearby.  It's Bluetooth connected to my phone and so I can listen through it.  Sound quality isn't that bad. I'd recommend if you want one to get one whilst they are cheap. Other times I listen to the radio, Planet Rock or Greatest Hits Radio.

Comments