16 November 2021

Hotel near Motorland Aragón

As you can imagine with a Covid restricted crowd as big as 20000 in 2021 and a circuit basically built in the middle of nowhere, there is pressure on all accommodation and on hotels! In non COVID years the crowd is even bigger.

Last weekend they estimated that there were 75000 at Valencia for the final GP of the year and to see Valentino Rossi's last GP.

If you like to camp then that's okay with me. See you another time. I've been a hotel or b&b only man for about 22 years.

Having camped at GP events before I know first-hand there's not a lot of sleep to be had!

Looking on booking.com wasn't that good either. I use them as they offer easy accessible information on hotels and also you can book with "free cancellation" and most often no prepayment.

Many of the hotels come up as full or sold out.  Gradually you get further and further from Alcañiz and the circuit itself that is to the north-west of the town.  At the same time, the hotels that are coming up are eye wateringly expensive. Even the Parador is fully booked!

So as I worked my way in an ever expanding circle,  I finally arrived in Morella. The El Cid Hotel.  It's £145 for three nights for a twin room with private facilities so fits in with my £50 a day target. It has parking on site.  There is also a restaurant and it's in a scenic bit of northern Valencia province.

Hotel El Cid

I have been to Morella before back in 2008 as we drove inland from Marina D'Or where we went for Claire's birthday week.  


Morella, Castelló
Morella

A reminder of Marina D'Or.  A completely manufactured resort town where they had ploughed over the orange groves and built hotels etc.

Marina D'Or, Castelló

Morella though is about 43 miles to the circuit.  It's a "holding" hotel and I will check to see if others come online during the next six months or so. I have seen a few others nearer but they don't look too good and they don't have free cancellation should things go a little pear shaped...

Morella is on the main N-232 road that goes from the coast towards Zaragoza and right past the track as well as the hotel!

No comments: