22 November 2021

Aragón Fuel Stops - Outward Route

With all my planning I tend to not add in fuel stops to my routes. Neill does as he usually tours with his friend Patrick. Patrick has a Honda Shadow with a smaller fuel tank range.

I have been through my outward trip and added some fuel stops.  Vera is currently averaging 50mpg dead on the Fuelly app and this is mixed riding in town and on the motorways when I do tend to push the speed limit to it's outer envelope.  

With Covid-19 being rife (and cases on the increase!) across the EU countries and Channel crossing fares being a complete and utter rip-off, I haven't been away to test what sort of mileage I can expect "over there"!

With a 20.5 litre tank I am looking at around 170-180 miles between fill-ups to ensure a margin of error. So far I haven't done more that about 149 miles on a tank. 

With a non-toll route in each direction there will be some fairly low speed limits, but there are sections of non-toll motorways that can be experienced, and speeds might get nearer 70mph on those sections.

This is my outward journey, mostly using the N10. Neill's is a little different.

In the end we may go "out" to Spain using Neill's route which is pretty much the same as this with different hotels, and a change at the bottom of France. I want to keep my return journey as it is the N20 route north instead of the N10 route.

Hotel at 7 covered by Fuel 8

No comments: