23 November 2021

Cardo Scala Bluetooth

I was hoping that the reply from Cardo Support was going to be positive and from some deep storage they would have found a boom for my old Teamset.

With the current boom starting to show its age and begin to look a bit frayed I'll need to opt for an alternative for the Shoei Qwest.

The helmet is quite a few years old but it is still in "as new" condition. It would be a waste to buy a new helmet.

Instead, I am looking at replacements for the Cardo. There are plenty of options. From the cheap and cheerful to the phenomenally expensive.

I have toyed with the Cardo SHO-1 before. I like the idea that it fits less obtrusively than the old and even new style Cardo systems. 

It is made for the Qwest and others in the Shoei helmet range.

It being Black Friday week (!)  I found that J&S had a set at about 50% discount. So I ordered one.

A couple of days to delivery. 

Let's hope it is as easy to install as it looks in the pictures!


No comments: