29 October 2021

Hawkwind @ London Palladium

Arrived way too early in London. Doors didn't open until 1830. So I had a coffee using up my syns and the free coffee reward at Costa.

I arrived, went through the bag check. The Palladium supposedly a mask wearing site unless eating or drinking.

Looks like I was Billy No-Mates as only one with a mask!!

My ticket from See had no seat number so I had to go to the box office. The guy gave me an upgrade from the Grand Circle (cheapest seats) to right in the centre of the stalls. Superb view!!!

Upgraded view but.....

Sadly the empty rows in front remained empty for the two knobends that sat right in front of me!!

The support, Ebb, were okay. They seemed to have a decent lead singer/🎸, keyboard and drummer, all female, and an old beardy male bass player.  The other two seemed superfluous!!

I never get on with bands where they jig about after two minutes as if they have been jammin' for an hour. Plus all that ridiculous hand "dancing" from the 60's hippy era. Great at Woodstock!!!

Once they cleared off there was an interval to set up Hawkwind's gear. Time for a pee!!


Then we had TV bloke Matthew Wright stand-in for the charity lady and ask us to support the band's favourite charity - https://www.doglost.co.uk/

Then they came on. All of 90 minutes of old and new stuff. I was hoping for Silver Machine or Motorhead. Neither!!

The audience was singing and dancing. With 58 albums to choose from you can't know them all!

The photos I took aren't that marvellous but here we go.






Superb night and back in time for the 🚆 back to Kent.

On the train I went to sit down and noticed this little fellow enjoying a chewy and so left him to it.



No comments: