14 June 2021

Bogging down!

General consensus on the GT750 FB page is that the bogging down and stalling may be to do with the pilot jets being (partially) blocked.

If I had been a mechanic I would have done the job of rebuilding the engine and carbs myself and not given them to someone else to work on.

And this looks to be the same. I have a couple of small bike shops locally, that hopefully will be open to callers, that I can contact and see if they can take it in and clean the carbs and maybe fit an inline filter.

I sloshed the tank out to get rid of any rust and also filtered the fuel through a coffee filter (!) before it went back into the tank.  

The tap is brand new and has two new filters fitted and I had hoped that any rust and debris would have been trapped.

So that gives me another job to do. 

 Hopefully I can get to one of them tomorrow and see when they can have a look.

Firstly, I need to up the tick over speed and see if that helps with it actually stopping.

No comments: