3 March 2021

Speedo cable!

For some reason Phil didn't refit the speedo cable.  So it is one of the jobs that should take five minutes that didn't.

It needs to go up and behind the headlight arms and up to the threaded bit on the bottom of the speedo. The hole to get your fingers in might be suitable for an eight year old, but with banana fingers like mine it is a royal PITA!

I have tried a few times and rather than turn the air blue I have given up and walked away. At least I have the petrol tap and lack of flow to take up some of the frustrations.

It looks as though the thread in the connection on the cable end is a bit worn.  So I have hit the  MasterCard again and bought a new cable. Fingers crossed! I checked out SuzyTwo and it was out of stock so went and tried Katy Lawton at Parts2gouk and they had one.



It was whilst trying to fit the original back on that I noticed the wiring on the new front indicators.  I ordered front indicators from M&P. Looking at the wires and the way Phil had to fit them they sent rear!  Hopefully there will be no chaffing. You do have to look hard to notice though.


No comments: