8 March 2021

Fuelly!

I decided in my down time from riding (knee!) that I'd add Suzi to the Fuelly website and app on my phone..  


Each time I fill the tank I enter the mileage from the trip meter and the amount of fuel in litres  The app logs it and gives me the miles per UK gallon.  

I do this for the car and the Rocket, so why not add the Kettle too?

The problem I will have is that the trip meter on the Kettle doesn't work. In an accident decades ago the knob on the side of the speedo detached itself and although I pushed it back in, something is broken inside. I should have got Phil to have a look when he had the bike in his workshop.

So I will have to make a note of the mileage on the odometer when I do the first fill and then from then on make a note of refill odometer mileage and let the app calculate the distance travelled and mpg.

I posted on the Fuelly forum and it's suggested that entering the first full up will set the starting mileage.

It's just for fun. It's not that I worry about what the mpg will be. When you have a Kettle from the 1970's when fuel was cheap, you don't worry about such things!

And having a 2300cc behemoth Rocket III is the same kettle of fish.

No comments: