Lockdown 3 Project IS-10

So we are now in Lockdown 3. We had two in 2020 plus from December 16th  Tier 4 shutdown of many services.

This is liable to last until mid-February. At least we have two different vaccinations now.

So a project. What better than when out for our brief periods outside the house to finish off the film in the Olympus IS-10 camera.

I have downloaded the manual from the Olympus website to see what I can do to put a personal slant on full auto. There aren't too many tweeks that can be made. There are a couple of choosable options and there is an option to change the f-stop manually.

I have tracked down somewhere to process the film when I shoot the remainder of the 24 exposures. It's a company I last used in the 90's and they are still going - Max Spielmann.


As this is an old film I just wanted to avoid prints as there is a digital option, either on CD or USB.

When I turned the 📷 on for the first time with the new batteries the shot counter showed 7. I had hoped that it wouldn't automatically unload itself and it didn't. I did "waste" one out of the window to check it was working.

I was also worried that in a lockdown that there might not be enough to shoot.. And as it is almost constantly raining that might end up making this project drag on and on and on.....

Somewhere I have an even older camera that I will try and find. I hate to throw these things away even though looking at eBay I can get an IS-10 for around £20 and the Olympus OM10 Black that I have is a little more at around £50. So they aren't even worth trying to sell. Or are they?  ;)

I think the OM10 also has an uncompleted film in it.  It was sitting for ages and the battery ran out! Maybe Lockdown 3 Project Part Two?

Let's see eh?

Any comments or photographic tips?  Then please comment.


Comments