Lockdown 3 Project OM10
So from yesterday's post, the first three objectives have been achieved. Pat on the back for me?
![]() |
| No LED screens here! |
The battery access on the OM10 is a screw cap on the bottom of the body. It was very tight and I was able to get it moving after a bit of forcing with a coin in the slot.
Once unscrewed the batteries drop out easily enough. They are Vinnic S1154 batteries. I assume the S has some significance as internet searches located plenty of L1154 versions.
Another search found that S means Silver Oxide rather than L for Lithium. I couldn't get any S so opted for L1154's. They should power it but aren't as long lasting as the S1154 variety.
Once again it was Amazon to the rescue, delivery tomorrow. This camera also has a part exposed film in it.
As with the IS-10 project I will have to finish the film off and get is processed to see what we have got, or not got. I have no idea when this camera was last used.
It's going to be a fun ride, especially with the appalling wet weather we wake up to every morning. Grey overcast and rain don't make for interesting photographic studies, not in colour anyway!
When I bought the OM10, back in what must be the sometime in the early 1980's, it was a fairly new addition to the Olympus stable at that time. It was sold as a kit with a 50mm lens and also as body only. I opted for body only and bought a Tokina 35-70mm zoom instead of the 50mm kit lens. At the time I thought this gave me a better range when shooting.
As you can see from the pictures taken this week, the camera is in tip-top condition. In fact it looks almost new. It still has all the little "passed" stickers on it.
The next problem, once I have finished the last ten or so shots left on the film in it at the moment, is finding film. Allegedly Boots (the Chemist) still sell a small range of colour negative and slide film and so do Tesco. On Tesco's website they have some listed but all out of stock. I have to go into town to pay a cheque in the bank so I might check out Boots.
I do have a couple on order online so we can see how that pans out.
Update 6/1/21
Let down by Amazon. Supposed to be delivered today and...
Some unspecified problem and it will be tomorrow or Friday.
Project held up.
Links
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_OM-10
https://www.lomography.com/magazine/185785-the-crisp-and-delicious-olympus-om-10
Update 8/1/21
Let down by Amazon again. Supposed to be delivered today and... so project held up.
In the end I decided to cancel the order. It's pretty poor and hardly what you pay for with Prime.

Comments