30 June 2006

Joe Rocket!

With the weather being into “heat wave” mode, riding into London everyday to work could hardly be described as “fun”. My Hein Gericke jacket is too thick and heavy for summer wear.

Enter: Joe Rocket’s Phantom 4 Mesh jacket. A revelation. The styling is quite good with two inside pockets, a waterproof one for phone and wallet etc, and a huge one labelled “face shield”, I assume American for helmet visor? Mine is in all black although on website there are different colours, but black is best, doesn't show the dirt!

It comes with a zip-in liner that provides some wind proofing and waterproofness. It’s not cheap at £119.95 but I had to have something that leaves me comfortable on the 75 miles each way trip to work!

I wore if for the first time on the trip to France (blogged elsewhere Eddie III and Henry V) and it was fantastic to ride in comfort in 38C weather.

No comments: