Apple iPod Classic is back... but... 2

An update!

The old Dell that we have struggled with for a long time still holds the iTunes library.  

Because it still has a DVD player we can rip CD's, that we have bought straight into iTunes. We can also download anything we have bought from Amazon Music into iTunes.  

I have then simply copied the folders to a few (over the years) of cheap and cheerful MP3 players, such as the Zaqe I have been using.

So it was a bit disappointing that it's not charging from the mains, but connecting it to the old Dell and it connected and charged. iTunes opened automatically.

Then we had the dance where whatever you do, it wants the password added...!!  Sync the iPod?  Password.  Go to library to consolidate the library? Password.  Oh. Then a laptop we have been using for 12 years? Not authorised.  Password again.  

Each time Apple needed to send an authorisation SMS to my phone before continuing. Eventually it worked and synced the iPod to the current iTunes library.

Now I have started to backup the /iTunes folder in /Music folder on the old Dell so I can transfer it to the new(er) Dell 5400 that's running Windows 11.

The backup is around 57gb and I dug out my Samsung backup drive as it has enough space! I have two, one was my old work one and it doesn't have the space. The backup was going to take nearly 3 hours.

I Googled how to move the library.  I used a program before but couldn't remember what it was called from 12 or more years ago!! Just copy using Windows Explorer looks to be doing the job.

Hopefully we can find an answer.

Someone asked why I bother?  It's because if we simply ditch everything, the consumer society, we lose things and they become "Oh look we had one of those years ago" museum exhibits.

Then I looked on eBay.  To take a word right out of Oprah's mouth..... "Whaaat?"


I was going to offer £25.

 

Comments