Kilometerfresser & Meldrews 5th Sunday
Today was pretty much the last chance to get some miles under the Strom's tyres for the August Kilometerfresser.
As it's the 30th August and the 5th Sunday in the month. It was an extra Meldrews Sunday.
We decided on H's Café at Kent Motorcycles. I've not been for quite a few years. It's changed a little.
The biggest is that the original owner of the bike shop retired and it was bought out by a large group.
They have decided not to open on a Sunday. Seems madness. Hundreds of bikers only have the weekend to ride to a bike shop... and spend money!
Anyway, my journey out was the quick way via Hawkinge. A brief holdup whilst up front people were shooing a sheep out of the road.
The roads had dried after the overnight rain and riding was a pleasure.
Bacon and chat with Meldrews friends and then away home.
I took the longer way home via Dover and past the castle. From the road off the A2 past the Duke of York School the view of the Castle is stupendous.
Sadly there was only one place to stop but it was full of cars and a motorhome. So no photo this time. Maybe another time.
Once home I took the photo of the odometer for Kilometerfresser.
We'll have to see where my August rides out gets me on the table. I doubt I'll be in the top 100!
Comments