13 July 2024

Lord Whisky Sanctuary Pet Run

Today I went out for a short ride on Vera to the Picnic Hut at Haugelands Village near Dymchurch. 

The meeting was from 10am to leave at 11am. 

I went to get petrol first, ending up at Tesco in Cheriton and then a quick trip up the M20 and across the marsh to the café.

Although the Hut hosts bike nights on Monday's in the summer and breakfast meets on Sunday's, again in the summer, I have never been. It's not that far from home and Vera barely warms up. Maybe give it a go when I get the Kettle up and running again.

Attached are the photos from the day. Some taken on my Sony Cybershot and others on my phone.

The donkey is 60 years old. He looks a bit raggeddity. Is that a word?







Sixty year old Dobbin!




















Vera Strom




Vera Strom






Six into Six exhaust!


Although I had never met any of the other bikers before, as usual we all came together for a common cause.  We raised plenty of cash on the day and also  a large pile of animal food to keep the dogs and cats fed for a few days or even weeks.  It's always a struggle to keep sanctuaries and rehoming centres afloat.

To make a donation please go here:  https://cafdonate.cafonline.org/7639

No comments: