7 March 2024

Wolfang GA100 Action Camera

I have had a long and deep interaction with the support team for this camera and asked for a photo of the two Micro SD cards I had been using and getting all the problems.

They are generic 8gb and 64gb versions.  After a few days they got back and said these aren't suitable for  their camera and that I should buy a "branded" version, e.g. Sandisk.  Or they could send me one.

They also dismissed the fact that both these cards work in the Sony Cybershot (with suitable adapter) and in my Canon 1100D.

I, of course, opted for the option of them sending me one. After all I have had it almost 6 weeks and been unable to use it! Plus the time limit for sending back via Amazon past weeks and weeks ago. So if it doesn't work, I am stuck with it! Okay it's only £40.......  :)

In the meantime I had a hunt around the drawers as I was certain in one of the DSLR's we actually have a Sandisk one.

Could I find it, could I buggery.

So whilst I wait for the Wolfang compatible one to arrive, I checked in another drawer upstairs.  And BINGO! There it was, the apparently holy grail of Micro SD - a 64gb Sandisk!

Wolfang GA100 with waterproof case

I charged up the camera again. It seems to lose around 50% of the battery whilst switched off for a week. Not very lithium like! And inserted it.

Of course I was expecting it to ask for the card to be formatted. I did that and then waited for the error message to say it needed formatting... It didn't come.

So tomorrow when we take Molly to her service and hab check in Rye, I'll see how much I can record of the trip....  It should be possible to mount it on the dash and also keep the power lead into the socket on the dash.

Fingers and toes crossed.

More later and maybe with a boring 25 minute video of the trip. ;) 

No comments: