6 March 2024

OHREX Upgrade - FAIL Update

Restoring the older (Ohrex 2 - see explanation at the foot of the page) unit with the backup taken on the 4th March at the start of all this, the 2023Q1 maps, worked a treat. It fired up immediately and worked.

This model was superseded over a year ago when it came up with several faults. Oddly it works now!

So I repeated the trick with the latest unit, Ohrex 3 (!), and  of course works with the last year's maps and exe. So now I have two functioning satnavs with early last year's maps etc.

I updated my call to Ohrex Support to tell them what had happened. The reply was quite long winded and assumes that the 7gb download that took hours and a few WIN10 "resumes" has worked.

1. Go to NaviConfig . If not visible on start-up screen go into Settings and scroll right once and select NaviConfig there.
2. Tap in the box with 3 dots and screen should show a box with Resident Flash
3. Tap the Resident Flash box twice you should see a new box called NAVI
4. Tap NAVI box twice you should now see NAVI.EXE
5. Tap NAVI.EXE twice you should now see \Resident Flash\NAVI\NAVI.EXE in the grey box
6. Tap the green tick
7. Tap the Red cross
8. Tap GPS Navigation and you should be in business

I am about to try this on Ohrex 1!!! Rather than bugger up the two I have working!!

NB. I have three Ohrex units.  I have labelled them Ohrex 1, Ohrex 2 and..... Ohrex 3.  That's the order they came in. The first one had memory problems. The second on similar error messages and they eventually sent me Ohrex 3.

No comments: