17 November 2021

VonHaus 12v Cordless Tyre Inflator - First use

When it arrived on Monday afternoon I actually read the instructions and checked the photo on Amazon to see how it fitted together.

I was a little surprised that the flexible pipe that fits into the unit screws into what seems like a rubber seal.  The other end has the valve depressor and is a screw fit.



So with a suitable kneeling pad I switched it on and connected to the valve on the wheel.  It showed that the 34psi I had foot pumped in on Sunday had dropped to 27.5psi.

I dialled 40psi into the VonHaus and pulled the trigger.  Man is it loud!! I think the pipe could do with being a bit longer but I guess with a car wheel there would be less reaching under the vehicle to get on the valve.

I didn't have a stopwatch running but it was only a couple of minutes and the 40psi was reached.

I have already arranged with FWR to go back on Friday and get the tyre checked over. The "experts" on the Facebook and other forums say that as long as there is no obvious hole or nail or other foreign object stuck in it, then it is most likely the bead or the valve itself.

Update 16:34 18/11/21

Just came back in after putting the inflator on the back tyre.  It registered a reading of 37psi.  Lost 3psi overnight since I put it to 40psi around 13:30 yesterday.  

Put it to 41psi this time.  Will of course check before setting off tomorrow and make sure it is at or around 40psi.  

No comments: