23 November 2021

Today I am 65 and 11/12ths years old!

A month to go and then I will officially reach the State Pension Age for the UK.  

But am I looking forward to it?  I have mixed feelings.  It's not as though I have been working every day in an office with colleagues around me so that I will miss the banter and all that.  I have been working from home since March 12th 2020!  

I have been into the old office building once and that was over a year ago and I didn't see anyone I knew! Even the guys on the door at 222 Upper Street had forgotten who I was and I used to see them every day!

So the countdown on the right is getting lower and lower.  I don't officially retire until the last day of December as that means I get a full months pay to tide me over until the State and my occupational pension start to cough up!

And I am fully expecting that to go wrong!  

I have already applied for my bus pass. This gives me free bus travel across the country!  If I was living in one of the other devolved nations of the UK or London, I would have got it when I was 60! But as usual England is the largest country in the Union but the worst for benefits!

No comments: