14 June 2024

Vera Strom - Tyre Pressures!!!

It seems I am the epitome of the weekend fair weather rider.

This Tuesday the 11th June was ride to work day. I don't have a work to go to.

What the day did do was inspire me to get out and clean the bike. I had already done it last week with the MukJunkie cleaner I had bought for the motorhome and car.

I checked Fuelly and the last time Vera was out was on April 5th ...I know this as I  filled the tank expecting to be going the Vimy Memorial the week after. This is recorded in the Fuelly app.

Yesterday clean the wheels with a very astringent cleaner that needed rubber gloves! Washed off quickly!

Today. Check pressures. I use the VonHaus pump. It is capable of pumping the motorhome tyres to their suggested 72psi so should cope with motorcycle 🏍️ tyres at 42psi for the rear and 36psi for the front.

The built-in digital gauge has been pretty accurate and so when it showed 28.5psi in the rear and 23.5psi in the front I was a little alarmed.  It's a lot to lose in about 70 days ..

They are now up to spec. Ready for Meldrews Sunday and the British Bike Run next week.

More importantly Assen in a couple of weeks...






No comments: