As well as visiting friends in and around Brno I want to make the Czech MotoGP my big race of the year.
On the way out towards Czech I have been looking at Youth Hostels (http://www.djh.de/) and budget hotels on the Internet.
The first couple of days are about 300 miles, but we have all day to do the mileage and then a load of shorter days.
- Home to Bochum (Germany) and stay in Formule 1 (booked).
- Bochum to Colditz. Stay two nights in YH (booked) which is actually the famous WW2 Castle. Castle tour in the morning.
- Colditz to Liberec. Stay in Hotel Orion (booked).
- Liberec to Brno via Hradec Kralove where I hope to see my friend Rosta Kříž.
- Brno for the GP and stay with my friends, Lilka and her Family, in Popuvky near the circuit.
I'm leaning towards the S23 (with a quick turn along SportovnÍ in Zastávka to see my old flat) route from Brno as far as it goes and then into the Šumava and across into Germany.