30 June 2011
26 June 2011
24 June 2011
19 June 2011
17 June 2011
12 June 2011
With only the headliners on my radar we decided to come home as a drive home at 10pm would be far too late.
After breakfast we set off. The Hogs Head is really worth the stay. The staff are very friendly and the puppy that greats you really cute. With various special offers they offer at weekends we had to pay £25 B&B. I'll do a write up for Tripadvisor soon.
The journey took 5 hours including a coffee break at Toddington and a quick shop in Sainsbury's.
Rain all the way from Nottinghamshire to Kent and even the roadworks weren't to bad. Only the five mile tailback to pay the pirates at the Dartford Crossing caused any hassle. Half an hour of crawling was almost enough to make my blood begin to boil. No tolls no hold ups.
11 June 2011
In the end we had the full English to set us up for the day. First stop B&Q to buy some camping chairs! There are hundreds on the hillside overlooking each stage.
Once bought we dropped in at Decathlon and had a browse about abs Claire bought a new fleece. Then into Trowell services for a Costa and to buy lunch at M&S! Salad and some mini shortbreads.
Then on to Donington. Light traffic and an enlightened parking person that pointed us to a tarmac parking area nearer the entrance.
Once in we set up camp slightly to the left if the stage in front of one of the screens.
Today's bands were:
Rise to Reason
I liked all of them but Claire less enthusiastic about R2R and DD.
Tomorrow we gave decided less of them in the day interest us so we'll drive home.
If it takes as long to get home as it did coming we'll have chosen well...
10 June 2011
Britain is up to its neck in debt so why waste money on road building? Job creation? Or wealth creation for the knobs that own the construction companies and their shareholders?
Then the M1 was closed south from J21 to J20 due to a major accident. Cue five mile tailback northbound so we could rubberneck. When say we I don't mean me as I deliberate don't look.
Finally arrived at Hogs Head in Awsworth about 1530!!! Booked in and straight out to Donington.
No problems getting in but so late managed to get to see Thin Lizzy, Alter Bridge, The Darkness and Def Leppard.
Mixture of showers and occasional brighter spells in the gloom but great so far.
At least not the oldest on site!
Back tomorrow after breakfast!
9 June 2011
Looks like Stage 2 more to our liking!!!
Neighbour ready to feed the cat so need to chuck some stuff in a bag, take waterproofs and warm gear as well.
6 June 2011
After twenty years of organising pet runs in Bedfordshire and Kent this was my last.
Sadly, the 300D went to sleep just as they arrived and I missed off Tony Young who was the leader!!!
I have to admit I haven't even heard of 75% of the bands! Of the other 25% I have heard of, I don't know most of their output.
So I know Def Leppard and Alice Cooper! Heard of others inc Rob Zombie....
3 June 2011
2 June 2011
It was evening but I was amazed at the lighting on the subjects. This pic has not been tweaked or otherwise buggered about with using any photo hacking software!!!
WYSIWIT - what you see is what I took.
This road-test was originally published in 1997 on the original SOC Geocities hosted website and transferred over here when Yahoo killed of...
Whatever happens this year you have to hand it to Vale! (If anyone knows who took the photo I'd like to credit them. I saw it o...
(Originally written and published on the old Geocities hosted SOC website in 1997) With the UK Government thinking of ways to forc...
Blimey this was a bit of a long drawn out experience. For a while I have wanted a decent pair of sunglasses but as I am a spectacle w...
The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) is looking forward to a meeting with the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, to discuss questions regarding en...
The trials and tribulations of outdated consumer electronics is one that nearly everyone in the world must have! There's a dilemma. Mu...
The 2012 Ride of respect will be on March 18th 2012, once again it is Mother's Day. The organisers have arranged to have the same m...
The android tablet world seems to spawn a new model every few weeks across a wide price range. So when the UK's biggest supermarket cha...
When we were in Spain last summer I used my Cardo Scala headset connected to my TomTom Rider everyday. I did check the law in case it was ...
I guess we all have our own ideas of what makes a great hotel or restaurant, but sometimes I read reviews (before I go somewhere) and...