30 June 2020
A few years is actually over six. I bought the RK jeans in March 2014.
Men at Work.
29 June 2020
At last the team showed some guts and determination. They fought for the win as a team. About bloody time!
25 June 2020
Alright, it's not my helmet.
Claire had her bicycle serviced on Friday and plans to cycle more often. We haven't done much cycling for a long time, in fact since we had Reggie in November 2014!
Rather than go to a multi-site place, we went to our local shop in Hythe. These guys need the business. Shop local. http://www.hythecycles.co.uk/
Both our bikes were in the back of the garage. As the tyres were flat they needed new inner tubes and a good oiling and sorting out. She preferred to get it done professionally rather than trust me. I don't blame her. Finding a spanner to take the front wheel off meant hunting about. Who has 15mm spanners? She also needed brake blocks for the front wheel.
She decided she needed a helmet and we searched locally and then fell back on Amazon Prime. The Fischer helmet in a blue to natch the bike (it doesn't really!) arrived today and I adjusted it to fit her properly.
What she does need now is a decent lock to make sure it, and her bike don't become a theft statistic? Amazon again?
My bike goes in on Saturday 27th for the same job.
|Trying the Fischer for size...|
23 June 2020
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
View all my reviews
22 June 2020
20 June 2020
19 June 2020
17 June 2020
- Specifically recognise and encourage the role of motorcycles and scooters as a socially distanced, congestion busting and sustainable transport mode for post-COVID transport in all Government transport messaging.
- Mandate all local authorities to immediately allow motorcycle and scooter access in all combined bus and cycle routes.
- Mandate all local authorities to immediately provide emergency secure two-wheeler parking facilities that can be used by both motorcyclists and cyclists.
15 June 2020
14 June 2020
|Ben Roddy - Number One Dame!|
A little later than usual I have bought our tickets. When I looked earlier in the year they hadn't released the Circle tickets. I have booked for the matinee performance on Wednesday 23rd December.
"OH NO YOU HAVEN'T"
"OH YES I HAVE!!!"
12 June 2020
11 June 2020
10 June 2020
MAGNEWS - Updated COVID 19 Riding Guidelines published by the Coalition of Motorcycling Organisations
9 June 2020
7 June 2020
So if you ride a motorcycle, how do you take part in Ride To Work Day? Many riders already commute by motorcycle, so we don’t need to explain too much to them. There are riders though, that leave their bike in the garage all week.
There’s an outline press release on the RTW Day website resources page: http://ride-to-work-day.mag-uk.org/resources-and-offers/ that you can adapt for your own use. Try and send it over a few days before, to give the reporters time to decide if they can cover the event.
- Social distance! – Don’t give misguided critics any excuse to give riders flak.
- Look cheerful. – Above all, we’re trying to show that riding to work is fun
- Look like you’re going to work! – If you’ve got a sports bike try something fun like strapping a briefcase, your hard hat, or other work kit to the seat.
- Be an ambassador for responsible biking. – Look like the fine upstanding citizens we know you are.
- If you’re sending your picture to a newspaper they like to have everyone’s name, listed from left to right.
- The newspaper will also need you to affirm that everyone in the photo is happy for it to be published. So make sure when you are setting it up that people know this is what the photo is being taken for.
This road-test was originally published in 1997 on the original SOC Geocities hosted website and transferred over here when Yahoo killed of...
Whatever happens this year you have to hand it to Vale! (If anyone knows who took the photo I'd like to credit them. I saw it o...
(Originally written and published on the old Geocities hosted SOC website in 1997) With the UK Government thinking of ways to forc...
The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) is looking forward to a meeting with the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, to discuss questions regarding en...