31 March 2020

New Jacket - Rev'It Eclipse


I have taken a while to buy a new summer jacket. My Joe Rocket has given sterling service since I bought it way back in 2006 but has started to get a bit on the ragged side.  I fitted new elbow armour last year as the original had started to break up.  A few years back, Claire stitched up the front as one side of the zip had started to part company with the body of the jacket.

I looked at a few different designs and had planned to go for a ride to GetGeared's shop in Leatherhead (Surrey) over the Easter holiday to try some on for size. With the coronavirus lockdown and shops shut, that can't happen.

I got the search down to two that I liked the look of and the price I want to pay.

In the end I liked the look of the Rev'It Eclipse. It has smooth lines and doesn't look like I am about to ride across the sahara.  Seems to have enough pockets and a decent manufacturer. Comes with elbow and shoulder armour too.

I liked the look of the brown one and that was available in my size (chest measurement with jumper on) in black or brown from GetGeared.  

I had a look on Rev'It's own site and saw they do other colours.  Silver yuk!  But they do Dark Blue and Dark Green. Claire preferred Dark Blue. Something different to the usual black biker gear.

I couldn't find these on GetGeared but could on Sportsbikeshop! So changed sites. My size in Dark Blue is in stock and I ordered one through PayPal. I can't say that I need it "next day" although I suppose I could stand in the garage wearing it....

Looking at the first post about the Joe Rocket, it is actually only 4p more expensive.... If I can get 14 years wear out of this one......


No comments: