19 September 2024

Staycation Autumn 2024 - Hayling Island

It seems like weeks if not months since we last went away in Molly the Moho.  

Our asy couple of trips have been cancelled either by the weather or by Claire's emergency dental appointments. 

We are still out of pocket after giving Nelson's Patch plenty of notice that we couldn't make it.  As their park wasn't full it wasn't as if they couldn't have let us change the booking until this coming weekend. Instead, they didn't bother to even acknowledge my emails.  So in future they can get stuffed.  

So where to go. We have left it a little late as we still have the ongoing saga with Claire's dental appointments.  I locked around on the various camping websites and there wasn't much that caught my attention.  In the end I discounted the Caravan Club sites, not where I wanted to go and the costs seem to grow to be nothing like the "from" price you start with.

In the end I had a look at "Premier Parks" and chose a large site in Hampshire.  It's about a two hour drive from home depending on the route we take.  So I booked two nights from Friday to Sunday.  We can pick up Molly from storage tomorrow and get everything ready to leave around noon (or so) on Friday.  

I had looked at a few sites we like on Mersea Island, but they only had grass pitches available and there's the added hassle of the (terrible) Dartford Crossing and also the continuing roadworks on the A12.

So that's the plan.  The site we have picked is by the sea and the creek that runs between Eastney (Portsmouth) and Hayling Island.




No comments: