25 June 2024

BGA Kevlar Jeans

The jeans arrived on Saturday and I tried them on immediately.

I didn't want any surprises when I go to the Netherlands later this week for the MotoGP at Assen. 

The denim feels quite thick and the Kevlar material covers all around from waist to knee. There's also a lining that stops the jeans sticking but also stops the Kevlar from abrading the skin.

BGA also supply hard armour for knee and hips. I had some D30 armour from another make and that fits really well and is less obvious.

The 42L pair, a big lad like me really needs,  are very slim fit on the legs. Usually makers just up all the dimensions and the results are flapping legs like a circus bigtop!

Where I would suggest some upping needs to be done is the "rise". The distance between crotch and waistband. 

I feel in the event of a slide that whilst the Kevlar might stop abrasive damage the hipster waistband might prove problematic.

I guess I am used to my ordinary denim jeans that come up to my waist and are cinched tight with a thick leather belt.

That's really my only complaint and that means on eBay's feedback I scored them 4* rather than 5* for fit.

Once I get used to them I might change my mind.


No comments: