23 June 2024

Assen MotoGP 2024

It's getting closer. This time on Thursday I expect the Three Amigos will be in the first hotel on the trip.




Our usual modus operandi is to get to the GP circuit and go Friday and Saturday for practice, Sunday for race day. This year my brother Woodie has planned some stops on the way to some of the Dambusters sites. 

So we'll only be at the circuit for the qualifying and sprint race on Saturday, and all day Sunday.

I have to say that this year I am less excited to see the MotoGP class as Moto 2 and 3 are more exciting.

I guess it will be exciting when we get there!!

The bike is ready. I have the Shad panniers fitted and waterproofs and spare gloves packed in a Tesco bag in the left one. Currently the right is empty.  In the top box I have a bag that fits snuggly with all my gear in. When I pack it. I have made a start. 

The debate is what to wear riding to the north of the Netherlands.  Summer gear and waterproofs? Or all season jacket and trousers? The weather is always a conundrum in northern Europe.

All well as the usual sponge bag with washing gear, I'll pack sun scream and mozzie repellent. You never know!!

Jumpers? Sweat shirt? At the moment I am leaning towards my Steve McQueen Triumph jacket and Kevlar jeans. With foitball shorts under them in case it gets hot!! Jeans off and in the box or pannier. Jacket in top box? Mmmmm. So much to think about.

Camera? Sony pocket camera or Canon DSLR? Both are fully charged. Spare SD cards at the ready. Decisions decisions.

Time is ticking away...

We are on the train under the Channel Tunnel at 0820... I need to be away a bit before 0700!

No comments: