29 April 2024

MyRouteApp Update

The navigation upgrade hasn't been doing too well. 

I spent a few days mapping the early days of our upcoming trip to Spain into the app before I paid for the upgrade.

What the **** have I done? It didn't work. 

I have already blogged about the offline mapping problem. The maps wouldn't download to the SD card in my phone. This was fixed, in part, when I tested to see if the maps would download to the internal memory. It's not the solution I would choose, but I have enough internal storage to cover it.

The next problem has been the sound. The mapping works very well. I can plan routes with multiple waypoints and download to the phone and then navigate. It works really well. Except there's no voice. Why?

Most of my tests have been done in the car. We have a Nissan Juke. And there lies the problem.

On Sunday I did a test in the motorhome. The sound worked. Just a short run to Dover to get LPG. We had barely left the house when the voice chimed up. 

At the time I was happy it had but had no idea why!

This morning I made my way to my volunteering job at Kent Greyhound Rescue and set the route in the app. Nada. No voice.

When I came to drive home, I reversed the route....

💡

What's the difference between the Moho and the car? The Nissan "infotainment" system! My phone automatically connects to the system. 

With the route in the navigation I disconnected from the car, and the voice started!  

I tried the connection again and selected "Bluetooth" but there were still no voice messages. Disconnecting immediately and the  voice instructions started.

I have tested it three more times and that is the solution. I have passed this onto the technical support at MyRouteApp.


No comments: