7 April 2024

Awaycation Summer 2024 - Spain

Recently I have devoted far too much time looking for stockists for raw dog food in Spain. Reggie has been on the raw diet for a number of years as he was always having stomach problems with tinned/processed food.

I posted on a few FB forums to see if anyone else had solved this problem.  It appears we aren't alone and there were many comments asking for the information.

One guy came on, who apparently lives in Spain, to say its available "everywhere".  But didn't elebaorate!

Another couple said that they had never found any and resorted to using mince from normal supermarkets mixed with some vegetables. That's what we have done but having specific dog food with the added veg and minerals would be nice.

So that's when I embarked on my search of the internet. I found a few "chains" that are something like "Pets At Home" in the UK. A quick email to a few in the Bilbao area resulted in a few replies - all negative. No raw meat for dogs.

The one I haven't had an answer from is Tiende Animal.  They have several branches in the Bilbao area and across the northern coast.  It looks from the website that they might stock raw... I guess we have to wait and see!



No comments: