31 March 2024

Kilometerfresser 2024 - March Mileage

I have been very poor over the winter and maybe pat of that is the diagnosis of prostate cancer. 

On top of that a month or so ago I slipped off the edge of a kerb hurrying to football and have injured my right foot. I sort of folded my foot in half and as a result I don't have to walk far for it to be very painful. 

It's a problem with the third and fourth metatarsal. How to fix it? Rest!  Imagine not being able to walk for months!!!

I have managed to rides up to London to Arsenal and to Dagenham and Redbridge, blogged elsewhere. On both rides I wore the Alpinestars boots and these are a tight fit and this seem to help on the bike, but they aren't really made for walking.  So when I got home on both occasions I was in some pain.  

Anyway. Today I posted my first mileage to Kilometerfresser for months.  I will see where I have sunk to in the league tables. I am expecting to find myself bottom of those that have sent in at least one mileage for the current competition!

Hopefully April will be better as we have no plans to go away in the Molly the Moho until we go to Spain in May. Maybe I can get a few miles under the tyres before then. 



Current position!

I am the leading contestant from the UK though! Maybe I'll award myself a trophy at the end of the year ..

No comments: