14 March 2024

Another wallet bashing - Molly's Tax and Insurance

Fack me! The wallet took a bashing a week ago with the services and checks and today it's another wallet smasher!

Today it's taxing the vehicle.  I have done it for six months so that in September we can do the year and move it to a different time of the year to avoid this year's big bill!  

There's not much we can do about the insurance as it will always need renewing on April 1st!

As with all insurance it seems the UK motorist is being fleeced right, left and centre.  The renewal with Lexham had gone up around £100 over last year.  Last year they were the cheapest cover I could find for me with only one year's no claims in a motorhome.  

The fact that I have over 20 years as a named driver on Claire's car, plus have ten years on my own cars, the Punto and Insignia, of accident and CLAIM free motoring has no effect.  It seems that two years without a single claim,  since I first insured Suki, has little or no effect either!

Still, hopefully once this is all out of the way and we can get the warranty work doing that needs to be done, then we are free to enjoy the summer holidays and plan trips away.


Now that's over I can concentrate of planning where to go on our May adventure to Spain and back up through France.

No comments: