24 September 2022

Oldham @ Bromley - Why did I go?

The ride up was pretty poor. It was very windy and rain was forecast.

So I decided to wear my cordura pants and FT jacket.  It seemed a good idea.

For a three o'clock kickoff i decided that I needed to leave around 1pm.

It was more like 1.20pm when I set off. The TomTom was programmed to get me to the ground. It was supposed to be 51 miles door to door. 

It rained as I approached Maidstone but not enough to be too much of a worry. 

By the time I got off the A20 it said 4.5 miles but 15 minutes to go. With traffic it was accurate.

I parked right by the visitor entrance nearby the Oldham supporters' coaches. 

I was probably the most overdressed person there but luckily the weather turned less sunny to make it more comfortable.

As for the game?

It was shite. A new manager just arrived but still the same crap under achieving players that have been trounced in other games.

The ride home was a little better. Getting out of the car park was easy enough and even the run back to the A20 seemed quicker.

I stopped at the BP garage just before the M20 as unleaded is much cheaper than locally to home.

It was less windy. The rain had passed and I was home by about 6.25pm.

According to TomTom I had done 119.1 miles today at an average of 45mph. 

The ride was better than the bloody game!

No comments: