28 November 2021

Whitstable Toy Run - December 5th


Only week away. This weekend it is bitterly cold.

I went to the football at Arsenal yesterday and it was cold and wet. On the way home Storm Alwen had hit further north with snow and the usual traffic and rail disruption. We had high winds that trimmed trees if their dead branches.

So it's 🤞 for next week. I have already  bought some Lego toys and today added a couple if teddy bears. Kids love a teddy 🐻 don't they?

With the amount of salt and grit on the roads the Kettle will remain garaged. So it will have to be Vera Strom on the road. I'll need to get the hose out to wash the corrosive crap off the bike when I get home.

The forecast for next Sunday is for an 8ºC high and a low of 4ºC.  No sun just murky, cold and cloudy. Need to wrap up warm and give one of my base layers a go!

Monday 29th

Bears are ready to be collected from Argos in Hythe. The weather forecast has changed slightly and the chances of precipitation have dropped but temperatures still the same 8ºC to 4ºC range.


Tuesday 30th 

Today I found out the hospital won't accept soft toys.

So I need to find another place to donate then to.

No comments: