27 November 2021

Arsenal vs Newcastle United - Premier League

Today was the early kick off in London and so I was on my way to Folkestone West to get the train to London at 9.30am.  It was cold and the wind was getting up along the seafront.

I had already booked my train ticket on my Key smartcard and validated it yesterday. Just in case. It's a good idea but as usual with Southeastern Trains it's badly thought out and delivered to the public.

Today the country is in the grip of another weather storm with another nonsensical name, Arwen! But in reality it's cold and wet. Some of Europe including northern France had snow. From the TV it looks as though the North of England and Scotland have had a few inches of the white stuff.

As for the game. A dull first half against the team currently bottom of the league. In fact Newcastle's Shelvey had three attempts on target well saved by Arsenal keeper Ramsdale, whilst Arsenal huffed and puffed and Aubameyang missed a sitter from a yard out.

The second half looked to be going the same way until Saka was on hand to score the first.

Arsenal then seemed urged on by the breakthrough. But we're unable to capitalise until Martinelli came on to score the winner.


Relief all round.

This is one of my photos taken on my phone.

No comments: