13 September 2021

Kilometerfresser!

In English "Mile Eater".  

Whilst I was on the internet looking for parking places in German cities like Würzburg, for when I go on my trip to the Czech Invader Rally next May. Rather than simply plug away across from Aachen to Waidhaus I have a couple of overnight stays but to "see" something along the way will plan some "tourist" stops. Motorcycle parking essential.

I ended up emailing the Tourist Office in the city. They came back with this link and hoped that as it was a private site and not official that the information would be correct and up to date - https://www.kilometerfresser.eu/motorradparkplaetze-wuerzburg/



I followed this up and it looks good. I joined the forum to keep track of any changes and then saw that the "club" organise a mileage competition each year.  So I registered. Why not?

You have to register on to the forum and this can be done in English.  The registration for the competition is also in German and English. Link here - https://kilometerfresser.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3394&sid=bf37009b32db83ea427dc81a9f860bee

It's not as though I will do a huge mileage but it will be a bit of fun to register and send in a few updates during the year. The competition runs from August 1st 2021 to July 31st 2022.

But first I had to work out how to change Vera's odometer to kms from miles.  Enter You Tube and it's done. Photo taken and back to miles.

Start mileage

And we are off and running!


1 comment:

Ken said...

Sounds fun and good luck!!