23 August 2021

TomTom install on Vera

I decided to go ahead with the installation and using the RAM-B-367U kit that arrived at the weekend.  

This is the least obtrusive once everything is removed off the bike. Just the ball on the handlebar mounting.

That was all very easy to do. From the angle it was taken it looks as though it obscures the clocks but from the seat it seems okay. Need to check it with the tank bag on as well.

I wired up the plug to use the accessory output socket. The socket is protected by a 3-amp fuse.  The TomTom should draw way less than that. It worked perfectly well from the Rocket's output socket.

Nada.

Dead. Tried the car kit for the the 410 that powers from a car lighter plug. Still nothing.

Added a post to the V-Strom Owners FB page.  Plenty of replies.

In the end I checked the fuses and with my untrained eye and reading glasses it looked like the fuse was blown. 

I have ordered a load more on eBay but they won't arrive until later in the week. 

So a trip to Halfords was the order of the day. I had to buy a multi-pack as guess, 3-amp aren't sold on their own!!

Hope I don't blow the one I bought.

New fuse in. Plug in socket. Turn on ignition. TomTom lights up. 

Drama over.

No comments: