24 August 2021

Sutton United vs Oldham Athletic - EFL League 2

Given the current start to the season, four defeats from four starts, I still wanted to get to this game. It will be the first time that Latics have played at the Sutton. It is Sutton's first year in the EFL.

I have been there before in the 1970's when we used to follow Walton & Hersham, in the days of the Athenian and Isthmian Leagues. The ground at Gander Green Lane is not that far from where my Gran and Grandad used to live in Lower Morden.




Tickets went on sale yesterday to season ticket holders and I emailed the club to ask about collecting a ticket on the day at Sutton.

Thanks to Mike Beech at the club I booked a seat this morning.

As a senior citizen it cost £18.

I am expecting to make the trip on Vera. The weather forecast looks good. Okay no rain!

Fingers crossed it won't be five from five losses.

No comments: