27 August 2021

Afternoon Ride

What was supposedly a quick ride out to fill Vera's tank before the ride up to Sutton tomorrow seemed  to take forever 

Once on the road I decided to pop into Robinson's and collect the spare keys that the previous owner had dropped off. That went okay.

Then I went in search of the Go Outdoors shop. Except it wasn't where it was the last time we went there. Instead there was a branch of The Range. Mission aborted.

On the way out of Canterbury I encountered a lad on an illegal e-scooter. On the corner is the local headquarters of Kent's finest men and women in Blue.

One at Six Mile Garage I filled the tank. £7.35 at 1.319 for 95 Unleaded. I went into pay.

The bloke in front wanted to pay some cash and some card....

By the time I got to the front the lad behind the counter wanted to charge me £40. No way José.

It seems someone in front had paid my pump. In checking pump 8 still had my sale in it. I agreed to pay £7.35 and it's up to them to sort out what happened!

I took a detour through Hythe to pick up some garden twine. How rough and tough biker is that?

So that's another 40 miles on the odometer.



No comments: