11 June 2021

Czech Centre SOC "Invader Rally" 2022 - Plan A

"Plan A" is the ride across Europe plan. I expect to be Billy No-Mates on this trip.

As I don't know where the rally will be held I have hedged on it being back in Chudčice. It wouldn't take much of a change to the route if it was in Vernirovice. But "Plan A" is the A3 route across Germany

So this far in advance I had booked a single room at the Youth Hostel in Hagen in Germany.  This looks pretty decent and is quite cheap. But in the end I cancelled it on booking.com and looked further south towards Frankfurt. 

I settled (for now at least!!!) on an area I know quite well and like in the Rheinland.  A hotel in Bingen, Hotel Krone, was booked on the usual free cancellation and no prepayment term. This will give me a longish day in the saddle on the first day.

The second night is planned for nearer the Czech border.  Germany is a big country. I have a hotel booked in Königstein in der Oberpfalz. It's not that expensive for a single room. That will also be a longish ride but mostly on autobahns!

That's the current Plan A.

Plan A

I'll probably need to take a can with me in case I need an emergency top up.


No comments: