19 May 2021

Richa Rain Warrior Overtrousers

After Sunday's torrential rain my old overtrousers had a leak around the crotch.  Not a lot but enough to mean that over a long distance I would have watery balls.

At least I found out now rather than when I am away on a longer ride.

I had a look around for some replacements. It seems the Held trousers that I spent all weekend wearing on the le Mans weekend in May 2019 have been discontinued.  A shame as I lived in these for almost four solid days to and from home and at the circuit.

So instead I decided on a pair of Richa overtrousers instead. These aren't that expensive and they do the size I need to go over my thick Hood K7 jeans.  It was a tight fit on Sunday wearing the old ones.

They arrived today and for £26.99 inc postage they look really good. Instead of the zip fastener for the lower leg they have a wide gusset and Velcro straps. They also have an inner tie so that you can ensure they fit snugly at the waist.


I have no problems with zips, but when it starts to rain and you are balancing on one leg under a motorway/freeway overpass the zip will always snag. You end up almost as wet as not wearing them at all!

They also come in their own little mesh bag.  Which is nice! I even managed to get them back into it after a try-on....



I'll post an update when I actually wear them on the bike. Maybe even take a "catalogue" pose photo!

No comments: